Medicare is the federal health insurance program for:
- People who are 65 or older
- Certain younger people with disabilities
- People with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant, sometimes called ESRD)
- Impatient hospital care.
- Skilled nursing services.
- Hospice care
- Doctors’ visits.
- Outpatient Hospital Services.
- Durable Medical Equipment.
- Physician-Administered Drugs.
- Medicare Advantage Plans Combine Parts A & B.
- May cover Vision, Dental, And Hearing.
- Prescription Drug Coverage.